Terms & Conditions for Artists
By submitting a “design” to DO●U, the DOU “Panel” will assess your design for its potential commercial use through DO●U’s online store and DO●U partners/distributors.
You agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The design is your own original work and does not contain any trademarks, logos, copyrighted material, or any other intellectual property belonging to any third party, or content subject to a third party’s right of publicity or privacy.
- You represent and warrant that you have the full right, power, and authority to enter into the design submission terms and conditions and that your agreement to them does not violate any agreement you have entered into with a third party. If you have entered into an agreement with any third party concerning the design or any other artwork you must promptly notify DO●U.
- You are liable for the costs that arise from infringement of copyrights, trademarks, and violation of exclusivity agreements you have made with 3rd parties for the design
- As agreed between you and DO●U, you own and will maintain ownership of the design. DO●U does not and will not own the design as a result of your submission of the design.
- You hereby grant DO●U a worldwide, non-exclusive right, and license to use, upload, adjust, reproduce, copy, exhibit, distribute, sell, advertise, and display the design. This license may be sub-licensed by DO●U to others.
- You may request to withdraw your artwork by sending a written request to email@example.com, specifically mentioning the title of the artwork you wish to withdraw.
- Upon DO●U’s actual receipt of a notice of revocation of the Non-Exclusive Licenses, the Non-Exclusive Licenses shall terminate; provided, however, DO●U and any sub-licensees and wholesale parties that sell the design under DO●U’s authorization may, at their discretion, sell through any items in their possession bearing the design, and advertise and promote the same, until such time as the inventory of such products is exhausted.
- DO●U also may terminate the Non-Exclusive Licenses by providing a written notice to you, using the email address provided by you, of DO●U’s election to terminate the Non-Exclusive Licenses. Upon dispatch of DO●U’s notice of termination, the Non-Exclusive Licenses shall terminate; provided, however, DO●U and any sub-licensees and wholesale parties that sell the design under DO●U’s authorization, may, at their discretion, sell through any items in their possession bearing the design and advertise and promote the same, until such time as the inventory of such products is exhausted.
- DO●U will pay artists 20% of the “selling price” per product sold directly to customers, and 20% of the “revenue” received by DO●U from sales made to distributors. These payments will be made semi-annually through bank transfers. Bank transfer fees will be deducted by the bank from the commission amount. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if there are further questions or concerns regarding payments.
- DO●U’s use of the design and its payments to you are subject to your representation that you own the design and that the design does not infringe any third party’s legal rights.
- You acknowledge that DO●U may decline to select the design, exclude the design from consideration, or take down the design for any reason, and at any time.
By submitting your Design, you acknowledge that you have read and agreed to these design Submission Terms and Conditions.
DO●U may, in its discretion, change these design submission Terms and Conditions at any time and such changes shall be effective immediately. It is your responsibility to review any changes to the design submission Terms and Conditions. The lack of providing a notice of revocation of the Non-Exclusive License shall signify your agreement to any such revised terms and conditions.
Design: the visual artwork created by the artist.
Panel: the panel of artists assigned by DO●U the task of assessing and selecting art pieces.
Selling price: the price charged to customers for purchasing a product.
Revenue: the income received from distributors as a result of selling through their channels.